Monday, May 25, 2009

Encouragement

To those who read my blogs,

I have to confess something. When I left my old Church, I felt unbelievably depressed. I was unsure if I wanted to continue pursuing being a pastor, continue on at Ambrose, and even pursuing life. It was not a good feeling at all. I started Church shopping in January. I wanted to find a Church where I could stay as far away from ministry as possible. I did not want to do anything, I just wanted to get healthy again in God.

Well, at the Church I found I got a bit of an awakening. It was a great place for me to heal up. In fact, I healed up so much that I started to desire ministry again. How crazy is that?

The funny thing is, that the more I go to this Church, the more I realize how important it is for me to be there. I am given opportunity to teach, one of the things I take great joy in, I learn more about the people, who I am loving more and more, and I even see this ministry being an encouragement to my future ministry which I believe will be working with Viet Gangs. I don't want to betray the trust of anyone at my Church, but let's just say for now that there is a similar interest.

It's funny how God works and operates. Here I thought I was just going to go to a Church for the purpose of healing, and then I end up getting better than I ever was! God is good, all the time, all the time, God is good!

- Joshua

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to read "Pastors at Greater Risk" by HB London.

Best eye opener for pastors and pastors-to-be.

it was a required reading for my leadership class

Will said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.