Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Poem as Recompense

To those who read my blog,

I am so very sorry. The topic I chose for last week is a hard one to cover. I find myself knowing what it is I want to convey, but I lack the words to explain it. That and my editor (who usually has my blog edited the next day) has not even responded to my last blog entry meaning a) he’s too busy (he is a missionary and a father of four, after all) or b) he may not understand at all what it is that I am trying to say.

As way of apology, I offer this poem that I wrote as a teenager. It is definitely different than any of my blog entries but I am a firm believer that a piece of art (whether it is drama, paintings, sculptors, or even poetry) has a way of reaching us in ways prose cannot. So without any further stalling, I give you this poem. Enjoy!

Light

By Joshua T. Aitkenhead

He comes at dawn, to reveal a way

One that was hidden before it was day.

Growing ever stronger as day’s middle busts,

Growing ever stranger as day meets dusk.

In Him, truth is seen but casts a shadow

The darkness of an object, his greatest foe.

Yet still He comes, as I have said,

Revealing truth, what most people dread.

___

There you have it. It’s a little obvious and not much of a discussion topic, but I enjoy it, but I enjoy it and I hope you do as well!

Sincerely,

Joshua

PS

For those who have been following my blog for a while, you may have recognized this poem, however when going back and tidying up the entries (i.e. deleting things that really don’t apply to what I want to say) I found this poem with a very terrible spelling error that made two of the lines kind of redundant. It is truly amazing how much mischief one letter can cause! I hope I have your forgiveness for rehashing old material.

No comments: