Sunday, November 29, 2009

People Change and it's Awesome

To those who read my blog,

I thought it necessary to talk to you today about one person in particular. This person treated me harshly in the past. In fact, I was given the choice to live with him, but I turned it down because I was sure he'd treat me the same. I've come to a place in my life where I will only really surround myself with people who will speak positively into my life and not treat me like garbage. I didn't need that again. Just having him on the floor made me a little uncomfortable.

Well, sometimes you just have to ignore what the past holds, though that is a lot easier said than done. In fact, it took a breakdown on my part to actually see the love that this guy was going to share with me.

The person's name is Josh Jacobs. For those who know me personally probably also know him, but for those who don't know who he is, let me tell you one thing: I felt so much better about this guy coming into my life in the way that he did that I spent good money so he would go to a social event our school is putting on.

I tend to hold grudges, which is never good, but I like it when I get a chance for my grudges to be blown to pieces. Josh did that for me when he cared for me in my darkest time. The best part was when he admitted wrong for what he had done and was willing to make up for it. I had long since forgiven him, but I was happy he was willing to admit his mistake.

Well, I hope this helps you in some way. Maybe it's time for you to let go of some stupid grudge. You might need to reconcile with someone. I know I do in a few areas. It would be good to do that. Don't be like me and wait until a crisis point. Take advantage of today!

- Joshua

No comments: